1. INSTALL SENTEO SOFTWARE ONTO YOUR COMPUTER
- Put the Senteo assessment software CD into your computer’s drive.
- The installation wizard appears.
- If it doesn’t start automatically, locate and double-click the SenteoSoftwareSetup.exe file on the CD.
- Click Install Senteo Software to start the wizard, and then click Next.
- The Licence Agreement dialog box appears.
- Select the I accept option, and then click Next.
- Click Next to install the software to the default folder.
- Click Install to start the installation.
- Click Finish.
- Select the options to check for program updates and install SMART Essential for Educators as desired, click Next, and then click Finish to complete the installation.
- If your computer is connected to the Internet, after a short delay, the SMART Product Update dialog box appears.
- If updates are available, click Update, and then click Close.
- A balloon message appears in the notification area.
- Click the balloon message to create a classroom.
- A dialog box appears.
- Type a unique classroom name into the box, and then click OK.
- NOTE: The OK button is disabled until you type a valid classroom name.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
2. CREATE A CLASS LIST
- Click the Senteo icon in the Windows notification area and select View Class.
- Senteo Manager appears. The Students page displays the most recent class list, or an empty class list.
- If the Students page doesn’t appear automatically, click Students.
- Select File > New Class List or click . Select Edit > Add Student or click .
- The Add Student dialog box appears.
- Type a student’s name into the Name boxes.
- The last name is optional.
- Type a unique number between 1 and 15 digits into the ID
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each student.
- Select File > Save Class List As, and then type a file name for your class list.
- Select a folder for the class list file, and click Save.
- An Invalid Student IDs dialog box appears if you:
- – leave an ID blank
- – type a duplicate ID
- – type an ID longer than 15 digits
- – type non-numeric characters
- You must correct all errors, and then click OK.
3. USE YOUR SENTEO RESPONSE UNITS
- Plug in Senteo receiver into the USB port on your laptop.
- Students turn on their Senteo response units.
- Power On
- Find Class
- Join Class
- Input Student ID
4. USEFUL LINKS: