- Take out 10 pieces of pasta and 2 plates. Share the pasta equally. (Take out four plates if doing quarters)
½ of 10=
¼ of 12=
½ of 20=
¼ of 20=
¼ of 16=
½ of 10=
2 is a ¼ of ___
4 is ½ of ____
2. Write these times in digital
½ past 3=
½ past 11=
3. Remember: For one hour later the big hand goes the WHOLE way around the clock and back to where it started, the hour hand or small hand moves to the next number.
What is 1 hour later than 4 O’Clock?
What is 1 hour later than 1 O’Clock?
What is 1 hour later than half past 6?
What is 1 hour later than half past 9?
4. Word Problems (RUDE-Read, Underline, Draw, Evaluate or ROSE-Read, Organise, Solve, Evaluate strategy)
- Ben had 63 football cards. He gave 37 to his friend. How any cards has Ben now?
-There are 6 eggs in a box. How many eggs are there in 3 boxes?
-There are 38 cars in a car park and 15 vans. How many more cars are there than vans?
General Knowledge Quiz
- What is a group of sheep called?
- The word “canine” refers to what kind of animal?
- How many days are in a year?
- What is the largest county in Ireland?
- How many months are in 10 years?
- What bird can fly backwards?
- How many strings does a guitar have?
- Who is the president of Ireland?
- If I had two dozen eggs, how many would I have?
- When is St. Patrick’s Day (month and date)?
Don’t peek at the answers yet! Try your best.
Answers are below…..
- A flock
- Michael D. Higgins
- March 17th
How many did you get right? Well done!
Have a great Summer