5th May – 15th May
Mrs Doherty can be contacted during school hours by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope everyone is keeping safe and well during this difficult time. Please find activities that boys can complete over the two week period, Tuesday 5th May – Friday 15th May. There is no pressure to get all the work done, please do what you can. If you have any queries regarding this work please do not hesitate to contact me by email.
We will be moving on to Let’s Talk Literacy 6th Class. Here’s how to access it:
1. Go to www.edcolearning.ie/login
2. Fill in username with: primaryedcobooks
3. Fill in password with edco2020
Boys can complete one activity a day
Week 1: Let’s Talk Literacy 6th Class
Comprehension: Unit 3: Read p10 Sick Day! Answer A 1-10 and B 1-2 p11
Word Work: p11 C 1- 6 and D 1- 6
Grammar: Dictionary Work. Complete A and C
Cloze Activity: p13 Peace Once More
Week 2: Let’s Talk Literacy 6th Class
Comprehension: Unit 4: read p14 A Chase in Time. Answer A 1- 10 and B 1-2 p15
Word Work: p7 Complete C 1- 6 and D
Grammar: Nouns p8 Complete A, B and C
Cloze Activity: p9 Wally’s Snoring
Writing: Try and complete one piece of writing a week. Here are some ideas that you could write about:
- Write out the instructions on how to wash your hands.
- Write a letter of thanks to the local supermarket workers/nurses/doctors/ truck drivers and everyone who is helping us at this time.
- Keep a diary about this time.
- Write a letter to a family member or friend who you can’t see at the moment.
- Be creative and write your own narrative story (think of your introduction – introduce character and setting, build up to the problem, Problem – what happens to your character and resolution – how is the problem solved.)
Reading: Try and read a little every day. There are lots of books online. The boys should pick something that they enjoy and spend a few minutes reading each day.
Please send a photo of your work and send them to me as I would love to see what you have done.