Our school is delighted to announce that we will shortly roll out the Aladdin Schools Connect to parents/guardians of children in our classes.
Alladin Connect will be the schools only means of communication with you as parents so it is vital that you register and download the app.
The school uses the Aladdin Schools software service www.aladdin.ie for administrative purposes and Connect will give you secure access to messages from the school and to details of your child’s attendance, test results, reports cards etc via secure login from your internet browser or Aladdin Connect App
Aladdin Connect is a fantastic way to enhance a school’s communication with parents. It enables parents to stay connected and informed about their child’s education by:
– Ensuring that the school has their most up to date contact information
– Allowing schools to gather permission(s) from parents
– Keeping parents aware of their child’s attendance
– Keeping parents up to date on school and classroom news
– Allowing parents to view what items their child had for homework today
– Allowing parents view their child’s approved report card
– Allowing parents to view their child’s latest standardised test results
Along with strengthening our home/school partnership, we also envisage Aladdin Connect helping the school by:
– Helping to improve attendance by allowing parents to keep track of any school days their child may have currently missed, along with late arrival and early leaving information.
– Helping to reduce the amount of class/school notes being sent home
– Helping the school/ teachers communicate with parents when the need arises
– Reducing costs by eliminating the need to send school report cards by post
– Reducing costs by reducing the number of text messages that need to be sent
You can rest reassured that Aladdin Schools uses state-of-the-art security to safeguard information entered by the school and data is stored and processed in strict compliance with Irish and European data protection laws.
In the next few days, you will receive a text message containing your registration link. There will be one link per parent which will allow the parent to access information for all their children in the school from one user account. Please do not forward this text/email or share this link as this is a unique registration code for each parent for your child/children in this school.
Please let the school know if your phone number has changed recently.
Please note: If there are any personal concerns, or legal provisions in place regarding giving access to Connect to any parent/guardian of your child please contact Elaine Power 085 – 7483297 in confidence to discuss or restrict access as required.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Elaine Power 085–7483297 our Home School Community Liaison Teacher should you need any help with this.
Setting up your account:
Click on the link in your text message which contains your personal access code to start the registration process – you will be brought to Aladdin Connect Parent Registration page.
You need to enter your son‘s first name and date of birth and your own first name.
Note: If you have more than one son in Scoil Lorcáin you do not need to repeat this process
You must also confirm that you are the legal parent or guardian of this child and then click Next.
You now need to enter an email address and password to create your account. This email address and password will be used for signing in to Aladdin Connect.
Once you click the Create account button, you have completed setting up your account for Aladdin Connect. You will be prompted to download the Aladdin app, and can select the appropriate link (for android or apple devices).
From this screen, you can continue directly to your Aladdin Connect account.
Please note: There is no cost involved for parents in downloading and using this app. All costs are incurred by the school.