Mrs McGovern can be contacted during school hours by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello boys, how are you all doing? I hope you and your families are doing well.
Here is the English work for the next fortnight.
It have divided it into three different levels within each topic.
Do your best to do as much of it as you can. I know its hard to keep motivated but it all helps to get you ready for fifth class in September. Remember, you can contact me during school hours on my school email address.
Keep safe and keep smiling
Comprehension and cloze (fill in the gaps) pdf files attached
6. How did Max, Tiger and Ant free Nok from the cobweb?
Extra spellings for the week: verbs
Spellings for everyone
Continue with these high frequency words please -pick three every day.
Monday -rainbow writing
Tuesday- writing sentences.
Thursday -look three words up in your dictionary or use the collins online dictionary to find their meaning
This week we are focusing on narrative writing or story writing. Narrative writing is great fun as you can make up any story you like. just remember to plan out your writing first. You will find the story starter templates we have used in school, attached, along with ideas for your stories.
Remember the most important thing is to
1. Choose a character for example: An alien named Bob.
2. Choose a setting for example: the planet Mars
3. Think of a problem or something exciting that is to happen; a trip outside the galaxy but Bob’s spaceship is broken.
4. Think about how it will be solved-Who will help Bob, will he make a new spaceship using something he has at home or will he fix it using chewing gum and glue?
5. Give your story its ending, or conclusion. How did Bob fix or create his spaceship and where will he go now?
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.